Superyacht Crew Visa
What is a Superyacht Crew Visa?
If you are working in a yacht industry, having the proper visa is imperative. Take note that a yacht may be detained if its crew does not have the correct visa, such as Australia’s Superyacht Crew Visa. It is provided by Australia for crew members visiting its shores.
Australia’s Superyacht Crew Visa is the type of visa provided to crew members to work on board a Superyacht, permitting them to stay and work for duration of twelve months. By Superyacht, it means a yacht that is 24 meters or longer in length, and something used for sports, leisure, or pleasure and not for cargo.
Who Should Apply for Superyacht Crew Visa?
Crew members must have this temporary visa to ensure them of a legal stay and a permit to work in Australia shores. If you are a crew member of Superyacht, you can enter, leave, and re-enter Australia during the twelve-month validity period.
Before you can apply for this type of visa, your employer or the owner of the yacht company must have a status of Superyacht crew sponsor. As long as the sponsorship is approved, you can already lodge for an application for Superyacht crew visa. In the event that you are holding a Superyacht crew visa and have decided to transfer to another Superyacht, you need to apply for a new Superyacht crew visa even if the one you are holding has not expired yet. A new application is required because you need to have a new sponsorship from your new employer.
What are the Requirements in Applying for Superyacht Crew Visa?
The sponsorship is a crucial part in applying for a Superyacht crew visa. One of the requirements if you lodge an application for visa is the evidence of sponsorship. The evidence includes the name of your sponsor, a copy of approval letter of the sponsor, and the ID number of the sponsor which can be found in the approval letter. Another important factor in applying for a Superyacht crew visa is your passport. You will need to provide a passport number to be linked to your Superyacht crew visa application, and that same passport is what you are going to use in entering Australia.
If you are going to apply for a Superyacht crew visa, it is better to do it online for easy transaction. In the online application, your Transaction Reference Number is important as well. For one, this gives identity to your application. You need it for communication, follow-ups, and tracking of progress after you have lodged your application.
- Visa Wizard
- Working Holiday Visa for Australia
- Resident Return Visa
- Superyacht Crew Visa
- Temporary Work Visa
- Visa Entitlement Verification
- Maritime Crew Visa
- Employer Sponsored Visa
- Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
- Electronic Travel Authority Visa
- Australian Citizenship Visa
- Business Visa in Australia
- Bridging Visa
- Parent Visa
- Family and Retirement Visa
- Student Visa
- Visas Information Booklets
- Visitor Visa
- Air and Sea Crew Visa
- Working Holiday Visa
Types Of Visas
- Australia Day Replacement
- Launceston Cup
- King Island Show
- Tasmania Public Holidays
- Queensland Public Holidays
New Seven Wonders
- Migrating to Australia
- State Migration Sites
- Immigration Points Calculator
- Protect Yourself from Migration Fraud
- Immigration Advice
Awards In Australia
- Charles Darwin University
- University of Western Australia
- University of South Australia
- Queensland University
- University of Tasmania
Australian Prime Ministers
- Settling in Australia
- Studying in Australia
- List of Cities in Australia by Population
- Shark Killing in Australia Developments
- Australia Time Zones
Australian High Court Judges
Australian Government Structure
- Department of the Treasury
- Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
- Department of Regional Australia, Regional Development and Local Government
- Department of Infrastructure and Transport