Australia Support Dual Citizenship
Dual citizenship refers to a person who has two citizenships both at the same time. Being a citizen of two separate countries means you are to oblige, follow, and be responsible for both the countries you are citizen of. Similarly, you enjoy separate benefits, privileges, and rights of both countries. Dual citizenship is recognized as long as both countries have laws that allow for it.
In Australia, you can apply for dual citizenship if you need to be a citizen of two countries. Australia permits dual citizenship unlike other countries where you lose your citizenship when you apply for another citizenship. In that case, you need to check the embassy of the country you are applying for before you proceed in applying for dual citizenship. Similarly, if you are a non-citizen of Australia and intend to apply for Australian citizenship, the same steps for applying for Australian citizenship are to be followed.
There are varied reasons why you need or may need dual or multiple citizenships. Travellers and businessmen find it easy to enter and exit countries if they have dual or multiple citizenships. It can also be due to the many opportunities you can avail from the different countries where you are a citizen of. A wide range of jobs, businesses, properties and other opportunities can be acquired without too much complexity if you are a citizen of the countries you find these opportunities from.
Others have financial, security, and personal reasons for applying for dual citizenship. There is a case where a person can automatically have dual citizenship without applying for it. Meaning, you can have dual citizenship not by choice, but by law. For example, in other countries, you obtain citizenship automatically through marriage or through birth.
- Do I Need to Sit For Australian Citizenship Test?
- Where Can I Sit For the Australian Citizenship Test?
- What Happens on the Day of Australian Citizenship Test?
- Australian Citizenship Test Rules
- Australian Citizenship Test Statistics
- History of Australian Citizenship Test
- Practice for Australian Citizenship Test
- Australian Citizenship Test Resource
- Australian Residence Calculator
- Australia Penal Clearance Certificates
- A Child Born Overseas to an Australian Citizen
- Australia Support Dual Citizenship
- Australian Citizenship and Travelling
- Australian Citizenship Knowledge Test
- What does Australian Citizenship Mean to You?
- Australian Citizenship Test: Tips for having a Peace of Mind the Day of Your Test
- Australian Citizenship Test: Tips on Taking this Multiple-Choice Test
- What about Resource Book “Australia Citizenship: Our Common Bond” ?
- Australian Citizenship Test: Why Australia Need One?
- Australian Citizenship Test Eligibility
- Australian Citizenship Practice Test
- Australian Citizenship Fees
- Australian Citizenship Laws
- Australian Citizenship Celebrations
- Australian Citizenship Laws: The Past and Present
- Book Australian Citizenship Test
- Citizenship Test Requirements and Exemptions
- Tips to Pass the Citizenship Test
- Requirements to Take the Australian Citizenship Test