Australian Leadership Awards
The Australian Leadership Awards program composes of the two, Australian Leadership Awards Scholarships and Australian Leadership Awards Fellowships. These awards are for the students who have a potential for leadership roles. They have that influencing power that can influence social and economic reform in their own country as well as in the Asia-Pacific region. The main motive of this award is building the linkages and partnerships between developing countries and Australia. In this program, the awardees are provided with leadership learning and development activities and opportunities to meet global awardees from government private and public society.
In 2012, the Australian government started such award programs and invested about $300 million in Australian Awards. It provided opportunities to about 4900 students from over 145 countries to undertake their studies, research and to do professional development. Indonesia, Vietnam and Papua New Guinea were the three countries who received the largest share of Australian awards. There were about 55% of applicants coming from the Asian Region.
Applicants who are applying for a postgraduate course like masters or PhD are only eligible for this program and their study program must be related to their country`s priority areas of development. Selection is based on the leadership qualities, academic competency of the students, most importantly the influencing potential to influence the development results in their home countries
These programs are awarded twice yearly through a competitive selection process. This process includes the leadership qualities of the fellows and the level of linkages between the Australian organizations and their overseas linked organizations.
Around 200 awardees are considered for this program every year across the globe. A maximum of $35000 per fellow is given as an award which includes airfare from/to home country, short term course costs, accommodation, living expenses, medical insurance costs when applicant is in Australia, special assistance to disable persons.
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians
- Anne Wexler Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- University of Adelaide Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Western Australia Research Scholarships
- Monash University International Student Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Awards
- Australian Leadership Awards
- Australian Development Scholarships