Adventure Journeys: Adventure Tourism | Adventure Travel
The vast distances and remote, rugged terrain, with a variety of adventure and trekking options attracts adventure tourists all over the world to Australia. A trip in Australia is an adventure in itself!
It’s difficult to point out the highlights of Australian adventure tourism, as everything in Australia is a highlight.
Must-try Adventure tourism options in Australia at a glance:
The Savannah Way, Northern Australia:
Immerse yourself in the scenic beauty of the tropical savannahs of northern Australia. The Savannah Way links Cairns in Queensland with Broome the other side of the country in Western Australia.
Explorers Highway, South Australia:
Take Explorers Highway from Adelaide, wind through Australia’s Red Centre to Darwin and experience the stunning outback adventure! You can trace the trail of pioneer John McDouall Stuart on the way. Visit the cellar door outback town of Alice Springs, walk around Uluṟu with an Aboriginal guide and vine-lined chateaus of the Barossa Valley and rugged Flinders Ranges and Wilpena Pound. Find the fascinating aboriginal rock art in World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park. Refresh yourself with a swim in the crystal-clear pools of Litchfield National Park. Continue your adventure in the parklands, outdoor markets and festivals and historical attractions of tropical Darwin.
South Australian Loop:
The comprehensive South Australian Loop would take you through South Australia‘s most famous breathtaking sites. Climb the Wilpena Pound, explore the historic copper-mining town of Burra, the aquatic paradise of the Fleurieu Peninsula, the Heysen Trail and continue the outback adventure in Kangaroo Island.
The Gibb River Road, Western Australia:
Another exciting option is to take the Gibb River Road on a 4 Wheel Drive adventure through the most wilderness areas on Earth- the Kimberley, Western Australia
Get connected to Australian Walking Holidays, one of the world’s most experienced trekking and adventure operators. They offer a wide range of iconic walking and trekking adventures in Australia that every adventure traveler anticipates. They offer all the seven Great walks of Australia.
- Arkaba Walk, South Australia
- Bay of Fires Lodge Walk, Tasmania
- Cradle Mountain Huts Walk, Tasmania
- Freycinet Experience Walk, Tasmania
- Great Ocean Walk, Victoria
- Larapinta Trail walk Northern Territory
- Maria Island Walk, Tasmania
Out of these seven great walks, Larapinta trail trek is unique to them.
- Road Trip in Australia - Self Drive Holidays
- Aboriginal Discovery:The Effect on Aboriginal, Impacts and Effects
- Australian Holiday Ideas: Types of Holidays and Ideas to Implement
- Adventure Journeys: Adventure Tourism | Adventure Travel
- Outback Journeys: Australian Outback Tours & Wilderness Tours
- Short Breaks: Weekend Getaways & Short Holiday Deals
- Nature Discovery: Discover the wetlands and wildlife of World Heritage
- Walking Australia: Adventure holidays with Australian Walking Holidays
- Walkabout Planner Australia
- List of Islands of Australia
- List of Lakes in Australia
- List of Valleys of Australia
- List of Waterfalls of Australia
- Coastal Journeys Unlimited
- List of Mountains in Australia