List of Mountains in Australia
Australia is one of the driest continents in world similar to Antarctica also it has flattest along with lowest land. Even though mountains in Australia are not highest among other mountains of the world they present fabulous views along with attractive landscapes.
Australian highest mountains are in Snowy Mountains of New South Wales and Great Dividing Range that covers New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria.
Snowy Mountains are the highest mountain range of Australia. It covers a variety of climatic conditions that will support various different ecosystems.
Great Diving Range:
Great Dividing Range of Australia has high range of geographical features. It has different species of animals, plants that are not seen in any part of the world. It also has longest rivers along with highest mountains of Australia. It stretches about 3,500kilometers.
Below is the list of ten highest mountains in Australia mainland
· Mt. Kosciuszko with a height of 2228 meters.
· Mt. Townsend with a height of 2209 meters.
· Mt. Twynam with a height of 2195 meters.
· Rams Head North with a height of 2190 meters.
· Unnamed Peak on Etheridge Ridge with a height of 2180 meters.
· Rams Head North with a height of 2177 meters.
· Alice Rawson Peak with a height of 2160 meters.
· Unnamed Peak SW of Abbott Peak with a height of 2159 meters.
· Abbott Peak & Carruthers Peak with a height of 2145 meters.
· Mt. Northcote with a height of 2131 meters.
Below is the list of highest mountains in Australian states or territories.
· Mt Kosciuszko located in New South Wales has a height of 2228 meters.
· Mt Bogong located in Victoria has a height of 1986 meters.
· Bimberi Peak located in Australian Capital Territory has a height of 1912 meters.
· Bartle Frere (South Peak) located in Queensland has a height of 1622 meters.
· Mt Ossa located in Tasmania has a height of 1617 meters.
· Mt Zeil located in Northern Territory has a height of 1531 meters.
· Mt Woodroffe located in South Australia has a height of 1435 meters.
Mt Meharry located in Western Australia has a height of 1253 meters.
- Road Trip in Australia - Self Drive Holidays
- Aboriginal Discovery:The Effect on Aboriginal, Impacts and Effects
- Australian Holiday Ideas: Types of Holidays and Ideas to Implement
- Adventure Journeys: Adventure Tourism | Adventure Travel
- Outback Journeys: Australian Outback Tours & Wilderness Tours
- Short Breaks: Weekend Getaways & Short Holiday Deals
- Nature Discovery: Discover the wetlands and wildlife of World Heritage
- Walking Australia: Adventure holidays with Australian Walking Holidays
- Walkabout Planner Australia
- List of Islands of Australia
- List of Lakes in Australia
- List of Valleys of Australia
- List of Waterfalls of Australia
- Coastal Journeys Unlimited
- List of Mountains in Australia