Home » Travel » Australian Aviation » Airlines of Tasmania
Airlines of Tasmania
Airlines of Tasmania is also known with another name called as Par Avion Airlines. This airline services was founded in 1978 while its regional airline is based at Hobart of Tasmania, Australia. It has two operating bases one being at Cambridge Aerodrome and the other is at Launceston Airport. It owns as well as operates Cambridge Aerodrome. Apart from this, it also owns a flying training school that is affiliated to University of Tasmania and also has tourism business into the South West National Park located in Tasmania.
Airlines of Tasmania is a regional airline service that will be operating across 3 states of South Eastern Australia. This airline is well known for excellence in safety, reliability as well as customer service. It is basically established with an aim to operate its services as regular public transport operator. In year 1978, not only Par-Avion but also a totally different branding has used chartered and also sightseeing flights. Airlines of Tasmania have a strong as well as long relationship with aviation in Tasmania according to the history. It has begun its services has "air work" organization has 'Aerotechnology' for more than 30 years. In the meantime it operations were cloud seeding and aerial photography at Tasmania.
Airlines of Tasmania though it is a locally owned business still it provides a vast range of services in aviation that includes following:
- Services between Melbourne, Victoria and Griffith, New South Wales
- Services between Launceston, Tasmania and Cape Barren Island
- Scenic flights to Tasmania's magnificent wilderness areas
- Charter flights within Tasmania
- Charter flights to Melbourne and the Latrobe Valley
- Flight training
Airlines of Tasmania until July 2011 mainly focused only on chartered flights. It will also offer Scheduled flights weekly twice only. It will be between Launceston Airport and Cape Barren Island. While it will be operating sightseeing flights from Cambridge Aerodrome base that is located near Hobart and under the brand Par-Avion Airlines.
Fleet size of this airline services is 20. Airlines of Tasmania fleet will have the following aircraft:
- Two Cessna 404 Titan aircraft are in service.
- Four Piper PA-31-350 Chieftain aircraft is in service.
- Piper PA-31 Navajo has two aircraft in service.
- Britten-Norman Islander provides service of three aircrafts.
- Beechcraft Duchess has only one aircraft in service.
- Cessna U206G will provide two aircraft services.
- Cessna 172 has total of six aircrafts in service.
- Virgin Australia Airlines
- Toll Aviation Airlines
- Tigerair Australia Airlines
- Skytraders Airlines
- Skippers Aviation Airlines
- SEAIR Pacific Airlines
- Rossair Airlines
- Qantas Airlines
- Pel-Air Airlines
- Pearl Aviation Airlines
- Network Aviation Airlines
- National Jet Systems Airlines
- Jetstar Airways Airlines
- JetGo Australia Airlines
- Inland Pacific Air Airlines
- Hinterland Aviation Airlines
- Express Freighters Australia Airlines
- Airnorth Airlines
- Aircruising Australia Airlines
- Sunstate Airlines
- Skywest Airlines
- Skytrans Airlines
- Sharp Airlines
- Regional Express Airlines
- Maroomba Airlines
- King Island Airlines
- Heavylift Cargo Airlines
- Eastern Australia Airlines
- Brindabella Airlines
- Alliance Airlines
- Airlines of Tasmania
- Aeropelican Air Services