Insurance Australia Group
|HeadQuarters||:||388 George Street, Sydney, Australia|
|Key_People||:||Brian Schwartz,Michael Wilkins|
|Products||:||home and contents insurance, roadside assistance|
Insurance Australia Group is a prominent multinational insurance company with headquarters at Australia and also carries out operations in New Zealand, Thailand and Vietnam. It is organized in year 2000 and changed from NRMA insurance group to Insurance Australia Group in 2002. Insurance Australia Group there are 13,500 people employed in all their branches.
IAG started providing its services in Australia from nearly 160 years. It expanded its operations from Australia to various countries. In 2001, IAG has acquired New Zealand’s largest insurance company that is State Insurance along with its policies, renewal rights to HIH’s Australian Workers Compensation Business.
Insurance Australia Group has group of directors who are responsible towards shareholders in their performance along with affairs that are related with Group. While Brian Schwartz being Chairman of the company at 61 years of age. He was director till January 2005 later was appointed as Chairman in 2010. Michael Wilkins is CEO of Insurance Australia Group. While following members are directors and CEO in other countries:
- Hugh Fletcher, Non-executive director
- Phillip Colebatch, Non-executive director
- Yasmin Allen, Non-executive director
- Phillip Twyman, Non-executive director
- Peter Bush, Non-executive director
- Alision Deans, Non-executive director
- Justin Breheny, CEO Asia
- Nicholas Hawkins, Group Chief Financial Officer
- Andy Cornish, CEO Direct Insurance
- Peter Harmer, CEO CGU Insurance
- Jacki Johnson, CEO New Zealand
- Leona Murphy, Group Chief Strategy Officer
Insurance Australia Group provides extensive range of general insurance products that will help in protecting millions of customers, businesses, homes and lifestyles. In simple words it can be stated as the industry that is a combination of most trusted and respected brands in insurance of the countries in which they operate.