International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- The tenure will be fixed at two years for Masters Honors students and three years for those pursuing a Doctorate degree
- Students from any overseas country other than New Zealand, who are starting a new research degree course and do not already hold any equivalent degree are eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Applicants who apply to coursework awards are not eligible, even if the degree contains research component in it
- Those students who have already started their research degree are NOT eligible for this award.
Australian Government has taken step to provide International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, to those international students who wish to study graduate research degree at University level. This scholarship also covers International tuition fees those who have been enrolled into higher degree research. Apart from tuition fees these scholarships also include overseas health insurance costs not only to scholarship holders but also to their dependents.
This scholarship is applicable for two years of time period for Masters while three years for a doctoral candidature which will also include payment of tuition fees in it. Time period for these scholarships will be reduced at any period during the study:
- It can be prior to the commencement of course of study.
- If there is any suspension during the time period of scholarships.
A student to get eligible for Australian International Postgraduate Research Scholarships following is the criteria:
- A student need to have Australian Student Visa for the term of Scholarship which has to comply with conditions of visa and the most important is to be an international student.
- Student must have excellent academic results.
- If the student has been offered with any higher degree program in any of Australian Universities.
- Incase if the student has been offered a place which is not capable of meeting English language requirements or else even unable to provide evidence of English language proficiency and meet the English language requirement of the HDR program before the deadline of scholarship application.
- When the student is unable to hold a research qualification that will be equivalent to research doctorate in Australia.
- If the student is willing to be in the position of ambassador for the Research Scholarships.
- Either if you received or applied for external tuition fees or living expenses then those details are needed to be produced.
- It is required that the applicant need to be an overseas student.
- It is very important that they should not hold or deal with an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship in time period of two years before they are ready to take up IPRS.
- It is highly essential that they need to satisfy academic requirements, citizenship requirements and visa requirements.
University will be selecting the students for scholarships based on academic merit as well as competitive selection process. Research standing committee for assessment will be referring Australian International Postgraduate Research Scholarship applications and then students will be notified regarding their application status, once the process of ranking is completed.
Offer an Award
Once the selection process for Australian International Postgraduate Research Scholarships is completed, then award will be presented to the successful applicant at the same time they will be providing conditions of the awards along with offer letter to student.
Following are the courses that will be eligible for Australian International Postgraduate Research Scholarships:
- Creative Industries
- Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI)
- Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety Queensland (CARRS-Q)
- Science and Engineering
- Institute for Future Environments
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians
- Anne Wexler Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- University of Adelaide Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Western Australia Research Scholarships
- Monash University International Student Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Awards
- Australian Leadership Awards
- Australian Development Scholarships