Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
Australian Government funds the Endeavour Postgraduate Awards to the international students every year. The award is offered on merit-basis to students who wish to undertake a postgraduate degree at a Master’s or PhD level by either coursework or research in any field of subject at Australian universities. The award provides financial support upto 2 years (Master’s Degree) and 4 years (PhD).
Totally there are 20 scholarships offered every year. Out of these 10 of them are awarded to students from Asian countries and regions. These scholarships are called the Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Postgraduate Scholarship and include some additional benefits.
The Endeavour Postgraduate Award’s key initiatives are:
- To enable high-achieving international students to undertake a postgraduate qualification either by coursework or research in any Australian university in any field of subject.
- To highlight Australia’s well developed education and training sector.
- To strengthen international ties, linkages and networks between Australia and the participating countries.
- To strengthen mutual understanding between the nationals of Australia and other countries.
The scholarship offers:
- Travel Allowance: $4,500
- Establishment Allowance: $4,000
- Monthly Stipend: $2,500 per month. Upto 2 years for a Master’s on a pro-rata basis and Upto 4 years for a PhD on a pro-rata basis
- Tuition Fees: $12,500 per semester. Upto 2 years for a Masters and Upto 4 years for a PhD
- Health Insurance: Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) will be provided.
- Travel Insurance: Coverage provided for travel to and from Australia.
- Total Value: Upto $118,500 for Master’s and Upto $228,500 for PhD.
- The top 10 award holders who are eligible for the Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Postgraduate Scholarship will avail of additional benefits.
- Award holders must be aged 18 or above at the time of commencement of the scholarship.
- Award holders are not allowed to hold other Australian Government sponsored scholarship.
- Applicants must be permanent citizens and/or residents of the participating country and must not hold dual citizenship with Australia.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled on an Australia Award are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants are not eligible to apply in a subject in which they have already completed the Endeavour Scholarship or Fellowship.
- Applicants must have completed minimum of a bachelor's degree at the time of application.
- Applicants must have applied and received a confirmed admission to a Master’s or PhD course in Australia.
- Applicants must hold a high-level academic record of accomplishment.
- A well-defined study and/or research program. A research proposal that is relevant to the interests of Australian and the applicant’s home country.
- Candidate must give proof and verification of participation in unpaid community services.
- Candidates must submit proposal on how they plan to advance on their occupational and vocational skills. At the same time how they would stay conversant about developments in their home country.
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians
- Anne Wexler Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- University of Adelaide Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Western Australia Research Scholarships
- Monash University International Student Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Awards
- Australian Leadership Awards
- Australian Development Scholarships