Endeavour Executive Awards
The Endeavour Awards provided by the Australian government is a highly prestigious, competitive and merit-based scholarship program to assist citizens of the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, the Europe and the America to carry out study, research and professional development programs in Australia. It also enables Australians to undertake these programs abroad.
The Australia Awards established in 2009 came up with the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships program, administered by the Department of Education, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- The first and foremost criterion to be eligible for the award is to check if your country of residence is in the list of participating countries and region list. This list is available on the official website. Those holding a dual citizenship (Australia being one country) cannot apply.
- All applicants must be nominated by the host or home organization.
- Applicants who have completed for Endeavour Awards within the last 24 months are not eligible to apply in the current session.
- International and Australian applicants must have passed an Australian Year 12 secondary exam or equivalent. Alternatively, he or she must hold a vocational qualification of a minimum of Level 3 Certificate or above under an undergraduate degree during the time of application.
- Candidate must have an excellent academic background and must hold at least 5 years of work experience in the proposed course of study.
- Candidate must give proof and verification of participation in community services.
- Candidates must submit proposal on how they plan to advance on their occupational and vocational skills while staying conversant about developments in their home country.
- The selection committee would also check on the competence of the candidate in contribution towards development of his or her home country after completion of the course.
This scholarship program is not meant for direct academic research. It ensures high achievers professional development opportunities (of 1-4 months) and higher education in a variety of areas. Professional development activities include management training, peer-to-peer learning, mentoring, short courses, developing leadership skills etc. Skills and knowledge are built through host work environment rather than through formal education at a host institution.
The Endeavour Awards are of four types; Endeavour Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Awards, Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards, Endeavour Executive Awards and Endeavour Student Exchange Programs.
The Endeavour Executive Fellowship amount comes around AUD $18,500. The Endeavour Executive Fellowship enables high potential professionals to further broaden their knowledge and enhance their leadership capabilities. It strengthens Australia’s professional engagements with other participating countries.
- A good academic record and a minimum five years of full term employment. Preference is given to candidates who have been working in the same industry as their proposed activity.
- Participation potential as related to a wider community and engaging in active demonstration of leadership qualities
- Potential of ongoing links between home organizations and host
- Proof of participation in community services that are outside the realm of study / employment duties
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians
- Anne Wexler Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- University of Adelaide Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Western Australia Research Scholarships
- Monash University International Student Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Awards
- Australian Leadership Awards
- Australian Development Scholarships