Australian Postgraduate Award
Students who have an exceptional research capability and those who are ready to undertake a higher degree in research are eligible for this Australian Postgraduate Awards provided by Australia. Scholarships are provided to the applicants to assist them with general living costs. Around 3500 new Australian Postgraduate Awards were available from the government in the year 2013. The university offers the award twice in a year. The application opens in 2 rounds. One round opens in late august and second round opens up in next may.
Applicant is considered eligible if he is studying a PhD, masters by research or a professional doctorate. He has to be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand. Sometimes an international student is also awarded with an international postgraduate research scholarships. Applicant is nominated by the enrolling institute. He will be assessed by a graduate school for all his admission conditions to be met completely. Applicant must have an academic qualification which is equivalent to or higher than the research degree program he is undertaking. He should not be previously have held a commonwealth funded research higher degree scholarship.
All the eligible students will be ranked and selected as per their measured economic and personal hardships. Successful applicants have to sign an acceptance form acknowledging the conditions of the offer and they have to provide their bank details also. On the other hand an unsuccessful applicant has the right to request a review of the decision within the 14 days of the date of their notification letter.
There are no such categories defined in this program. Nor there is any category defined for applicants also.
A full time Australian Postgraduate Award recipient gets a stipend of around $25000 (it was $24653 in 2013) and a part time student gets around $12000 (it was $12326 in 2013). It involves all the allowances and is tax exempted also. For the master’s student, the stipend is provided for two years and it’s for three years for a PhD student with an extension of six months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians
- Anne Wexler Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- University of Adelaide Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Western Australia Research Scholarships
- Monash University International Student Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Awards
- Australian Leadership Awards
- Australian Development Scholarships