Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry) is that scholarship program that provides as opportunity for outstanding postgraduate students who undertake industry based research. These scholarships are directly funded or sponsored by the Australian Research Council`s (ARC) linkage project grants. This program is a sort of cooperative establishment between the university and an industry partner. ARC currently has 2 linkage rounds each year. First linkage rounds is from 1 January to 30 June and second round is from 1 July to 31 December. The recipients should take up their awards as per their respective linkage rounds.
These scholarships are usually for applicants who are citizens of Australia or New Zealand or who are permanent residents of Australia but sometimes they are available for international students also. Applicant must have an honors 1 or high degree A qualification and is intending to enroll full-time in an approved doctoral or research master’s program.
The student nominated for this award is selected on the basis of his eligibility, his academic merits and research capabilities. he is not receiving similar finds from any common wealth government program. He has already completed a degree at the same level or at a higher level and have not previously held an APAI unless it has been terminated in the first six months of the award.
There are no such categories defined in this program. Nor there is any category defined for applicants also except that they have to be permanent resident of Australia and must be doing research on industry based program.
Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry) scholarships are available throughout the year for specific projects. A living allowance of around $30000 per annum is being provided to the eligible applicants. It is paid as a fortnightly stipend, tuition fee etc. sometimes even the expense budget are also available as a part of these scholarships. All these allowances are tax exempted for the applicants. Even there is a stipend of $16,300 per annum for the part time applicants which includes all the allowances but this is not tax exempted.
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians
- Anne Wexler Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- University of Adelaide Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Western Australia Research Scholarships
- Monash University International Student Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Awards
- Australian Leadership Awards
- Australian Development Scholarships