Home » About the Citizenship » Citizenship FAQ's » Australian Citizenship Test Statistics

Australian Citizenship Test Statistics

 

Since the introduction of Australian citizenship application in 1949, close to 5 million people have become Australian citizens. In fact, almost 15% of the entire Australian population comprised of citizens who passed the Australian citizenship test. The remaining 85% are Australian citizens by nature. In 1949 during its inauguration, the top nationalities that applied for Australian citizenship were (arranged according to the number of applicants) Italian, Polish, Greek, German, and Yugoslav. As the years progressed, more nationals applied for Australian citizenship.

In the recent Australian citizenship test as reported on June 2012, the following are the top nationals who sat for the test (arranged according to the number of applicants who passed the citizenship test): United Kingdom, India, China, Philippines, South Africa, Vietnam, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, South Korea, and Bangladesh. Majority of the number of passers are combination of different nationalities.

Below is the Detailed Statistics for the Recent Australian Citizenship Test as Reported on June 2012:

Applicants for Australian Citizenship Test 71, 662
Applicants that Passed the Australian Citizenship Test 70, 774
Number of Tests Administered Including Re-Takes 87, 101
Average Test Administered Per Applicant 1.2

In the previous Australian citizenship test as reflected in the June 2011 report, the top nationals that sat for the test (arranged according to the number of applicants who passed the citizenship test) are: United Kingdom, India, China, Philippines, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, South Korea, and Malaysia. Majority of the number of passers are combination of different nationalities.

Below is the Detailed Statistics for the Previous Australian Citizenship Test as Reported on June 2011:

Applicants for Australian Citizenship Test 59 787
Applicants that Passed the Australian Citizenship Test 59 123
Number of Tests Administered Including Re-Takes 73 898
Average Test Administered Per Applicant 1.2

Clearly, there were more applicants for the Australian citizenship recently (2012) than in the previous year (2011).

Facebook Twitter Google+