Australia Awards Scholarships
The Australia Awards are prestigious international awards that are funded by the Australian Government. The Australia Awards Scholarships is a sub sect of this group of awards.
The Australian Development Scholarships are now known as Australia Awards Scholarships. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade fund the long-standing advancement and development award.
The scholarship endeavors to:
- Contribute to development and expansion needs of Australia and partner countries.
- Give chances to people from developing countries to commence full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at Australian universities and TAFE institutions.
- Enhance skills and knowledge of individuals to bring about transformations and add to growth and development outcomes of their own country.
The award is offered for the smallest amount time required for the person to complete the educational course and includes foundation and preliminary training fee expenses as well.
The benefits include:
- Full tuition fee
- Return air travel and accommodation expenses
- Establishment allowance (study materials and text books)
- Introductory academic program (4-6 compulsory program prior to start of formal academic studies to understand more about life and study in Australia)
- Overseas student health cover
- Pre-course English tuition fee
- Supplementary academic support to enhance the overall academic experience
- Fieldwork expense for research students
Australia Awards Leadership Program: Around 200 merit owner students receive a place on the Australia Awards Leadership Program. In addition to the Australia Awards Scholarship benefits, these high-achievers are enrolled on this program to develop their leadership training and a chance to build valuable contacts and networks.
Allison Sudradjat Prize: The top Australia Award Scholarship winner from Indonesia and PNG is eligible to receive and Allison Sudradjat Prize.
Prime Minister’s Pacific Program: This is offered to Australia Awards Scholarship winners from the Pacific, East Timor and Papua New Guinea region. It is awarded to potential leaders and provides a combination of work placements ad leadership training to build upon the award holder’s academic experience. The program aims to assist nation building through stringer institutional capacity and leadership in the Pacific region and build strong and abiding links between the people of Australia and Pacific region.
- Applicants, who want to apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship, must sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia to declare that they would comply with the condition of the scholarship.
- Successful candidates would have to go away from the country for a minimum of 2 years after completing the scholarship.
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians
- Anne Wexler Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- University of Adelaide Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Western Australia Research Scholarships
- Monash University International Student Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Awards
- Australian Leadership Awards
- Australian Development Scholarships