Australia Awards Fellowships
- Applications are constrained to Australian business organization and individual persons cannot apply.
- Moreover, only organizations that demonstrate ongoing linkages with overseas organization in eligible countries can apply. These include NGOs, research organizations, academic institutions, media, industry, business, government agencies and professional associations.
- The organizations can apply for the Fellowship funding through competitive grant process.
- Overseas organizations must be sponsored by Australian organizations and may not directly apply for the Australia Awards Fellowship.
- Applicant organizations must submit a detailed online application form along with a detailed and accurate budget proposal and a resume of each nominated fellow.
- The application process varies according to your country of citizenship. To be eligible for any of the Australian Awards Fellowships organization must meet AusAID's general eligibility criterion, as well as the precise eligibility norms set by the Government of each contributing country.
Since the 1950s Australia Awards Scholarships/ AAS scholarships/ AusAID Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), has been part of the Australian government's overseas aid program.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade serves as the administer of these long term development awards to assist people from developing countries in pursuing full time undergraduate or postgraduate courses at selected TAFE institutions (Australian universities and Technical and Further Education institutions).
Students can use the skills and knowledge acquired in Australia for the development of their own country.
Australia Awards Scholarships remain in effect until the minimum period necessary for the completion of the academic program specified by the respective Australian institution.
AAS scholarships cover;
- Full tuition fees
- Economy class airfare to and from Australia
- Establishment allowance
- Living Expenses
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees
- Supplementary Academic Support
- Fieldwork (for research students)
The following conditions apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships!
Students are bound to comply all the terms and conditions mentioned in the contract to be signed with the Commonwealth of Australia.
Awardees should leave Australia within two years after the completion of their scholarship. In case the awardees fail to do so, he/she will be liable for a debt for the total cost of scholarship received.
Students admitted to the following faculties would be awarded AAS scholarships.
- Curtin Business School
- Health Sciences
- Science & Engineering
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians
- Anne Wexler Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- University of Adelaide Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Western Australia Research Scholarships
- Monash University International Student Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Awards
- Australian Leadership Awards
- Australian Development Scholarships