Home » About the Citizenship » Scholarships in Australia » ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
The Association of Rhodes Scholars in Australia (ASRA) has established a scholarship fund program with a name of ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens. The purpose of the program is to bring overseas commonwealth students to Australia. In this program the overseas students consult the leading scholars in their research areas and undertake research in Australia which will be relevant to their thesis project. This program gives an opportunity to a successful applicant to spend a period of between six months to a year as a visiting postgraduate scholar at an Australian university to undertake research for which he or she has enrolled in. Though a student holding a scholarship will be based at one university in Australia but he or she will be encouraged to visit and meet academic staff and other postgraduate students of other Australian universities who have same area of interest.
Its eligibility is open to all the applicants who are enrolled in a research higher degree program in any commonwealth university out of Australia. Applicant need not to be a graduate of Australian or New Zealand University but must be a commonwealth citizen. He or she should not be a current or former Rhodes Scholar and this scholarship program is not for the support students.
The applicant has to submit a record of outstanding achievements and leadership qualities in academic areas and other areas like cultural, sports, etc. Then the selection committee considers the support letters of the applicant and makes a decision in the selection of the applicant.
In this scholarship program, the applicant will be provided with a grant -in-aid up to $20,000. This grant includes the applicant`s traveling expenses to and from Australia. Generally the successful scholarship holder is in a receipt of a stipend from their home university to pursue their studies.
Awards are not normally given to the students in the first ten months or last six months of their visit to Australia during the period of their candidature. Even the scholarship is not available to support the students who are willing to enroll in a degree in an Australian university. Applicant must be commonwealth citizen but should not be Rhodes current or former scholar.
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Awards
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships
- Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians
- Anne Wexler Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- University of Adelaide Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Western Australia Research Scholarships
- Monash University International Student Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- ARSA Travel Scholarships for Commonwealth Citizens
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry)
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Awards
- Australian Leadership Awards
- Australian Development Scholarships